Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BasicMED

Default Re: BasicMED

One more thing. I told my GP the form did not go to the FAA, but was to be kept in my log book. I could see the relief on his face.
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)

to be honest, I never followed this. I had to get a class3 and now I am interested because my class 3 will expire in October. So, now I'm also looking into this. I think it's super cool. I fill out a form similar to the other one I had to do every 2 years. but the cool thing, the faa doesn't see it any more. the doctor is the only one to see it, then I file this form in my logbook. nobody sees it or anything. cool for the doctor, cool for me. then I take a course from aopa and get a completion form, it goes in my logbook taken every 2 years. I'm now good for 4 years. ya baby. one last cool thing. I don't have to have a form in my pocket or plane for class 3. just my drivers license and pilot license. nice.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

My doc is an AME and hadn't done any BasicMed physicals yet. I called and scheduled it and she went through and signed if off with no issues. I did the AOPA training and AOPA notified the FAA electronically. Checked my FAA records just over a week later and everything was already updated. Super easy.

Jimmy