Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 2B3 Parlin Field - Newport, NH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2B3 Parlin Field - Newport, NH

Great little airport in western New Hampshire with on-field camping, a pilots lounge, and access to fishing, hiking, etc. in the NH wilderness and nearby by VT. They have a couple of campsites just off the paved runway against the treeline with fire rings, etc. (bring your own tiedowns). Also has a grass runway as well, and I've heard some guys use the grass next to the runway as well (opposite campsites). Nestled into the hills but not too challenging to get in and out.

There are bikes in the pilot lounge/shed that are free to use for the sort ride (1/2 mile or so) into town where you'll find pizza, pubs, Chinese food, etc. Gas prices on the field are quite low for the region (at least a heck of a lot cheaper - more than $1 less - than what I see in CT).

Give it a shot. I am looking to put together a fly-in overnighter (or weekend) in the spring when it warms up again a bit.

Default Re: 2B3 Parlin Field - Newport, NH

Been there a few times, nice place, too bad the restaurant is gone.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: 2B3 Parlin Field - Newport, NH

Ah, I thought that's what that might of been. The red house just behind the pilot lounge building. Would be cool if it was still open.