Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: FLOOG! You OK???!!

Default FLOOG! You OK???!!

Just saw a news item about our friend Floog having problems and flipping! Says he's ok - hope so. thinking of you Doug!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: FLOOG! You OK???!!

I saw that story posted on the Facebook group and wondered if it was a teamkitfox'er. I ddin't realize it was Floog. I hope he's in good shape and that the plane doesn't require much. For being on its back, it didn't look too bad.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I talked to Scott Noble and he said Doug is fine without even a bump or scratch. Obviously disappointed about the plane. Scott also said there was water damage to the plane overnight...

Sorry about the plane Doug, hopefully we see her back in the air! Most importantly, we are glad you are ok.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I saw the upside down KF on Facebook as well. Sounds like Floog is ok which is the main concern but I hope that the rebuild isn’t too onerous. I know he does a lot of flying in his plane ... from a previous post of his, 1300+ hours in 3 years or so is a lot of hours per week .... not having that is gonna hurt.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Saw it on the news but they had very little information at the time. Link is Coast Guard footage of the 'rescue'. Actually, they just set down and gave him a ride by the looks of it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/tech...and/vp-BBKwJC3