Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question

Default Re: Newbie Question

I just got my SS kit last month and my actuator doesnt align either. It looks exactly like Sabres pictures. I am finding this frustrating since it appears it is a known problem.

Default Re: Response to newbee fitting

I am to take delivery on an SS7 in a couple of months and I am becoming concerned about the improper fit to this fitting for the trim. In no way should one ever have to elongate a hole for proper fit. I have a Rans S-7 that I finished in 2011 and I had no problems with fit or finish with their plane. I believe I will send an email directly to John and find out why this has not been addressed and the corrections made if indeed there is a misfit for the alignment. If there is a known problem I would like to think John/Debra would address this. They seem like great folks to deal with, I have heard nothing but positive feed back from people I know that have the kit fox planes. If this is an isolated problem please feel free to chime in here and correct these concerns
    Jim

My 2012 kit was fine

Mine too - although it was a bit of an interesting tight exercise to fit all the washers in the scissors linkage at the top! I have just bought the trim indicator and about to fit it also - I think it might be best to order that at the start and fit it at the same time - I cant see any advantage to waiting 'till later (?).

cheers

ross

I had no issues (would definitely put the indicator on while building if able)
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: Trim Fit

Well, this sounds like the fit of the trim parts must be acceptable for most builders and there is some fitting to be done. I will be anxious to see how the fit is when I receive my kit, it will be the first thing I check with all the posts about the fit.

When I first started to fly ultralights in the 90's I always wanted to buy an Avid but life was not allowing the funds while raising a family of 3 girls along with my wife. As time goes by I have loved the flight of the tandem seating as so I went for the Rans S7, still love the plane. However things change and when I do have passengers I want the side by side and the Kitfox SS7 fits the mission I feel better than any other kit plane out there. I to was impressed with John and Debra's attention to their customers request and I was able to get some flight time with John in a great day for a test flight. 20mph winds with lots of gusts and the plane handled very well, I was very comfortable with the handling of this craft.
    Jim

The indicated is not with the kit? This is a separate purchase?

that's correct Jim

r

Is the indicator a dedicated piece from Kitfox or will a Ray Allen indicator work. Perhaps there is an accessory area on kit fox's site I need to visit and see what else is not with the kit?

on the kitfox website..have you browsed the catalog?
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL