Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

It all looks beautiful, John!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Do you apply a sealer after polishing? I have read where others polish the gear frequently to keep it bright.

Is your ipad a mini or full size ipad?

No sealer, but the Nuvite is supposed to have some protectant included in the finish compound. Time will tell how long the shine lasts.

The Ipad is a mini.
    Rotax 912ULS / Whirlwind Prop
    Garmin G3X Touch

Awesome panel John, thanks for the link to the mount. I had a good look through the website and have it saved. I love the idea that there is provision for a set of standard gauges on the backside of the mount for back up.
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project

The site lists the backup gauges provision as optional but I didn't see a choice to add when ordering. Maybe you just drill holes in the back plate?

Don't know the answer to this one, but the company has been very helpful with answering questions via email.
    orders@flypadmount.com
    Garmin G3X Touch

I just got my panel painted last week and installed the CBs and switches over the weekend. It is similar to John's panel in that it will have a G3X Touch, Garmin GTX-200 com and an iPad mini. I have an AirGizmos mount for the iPad.

It was a little tight to fit all of the stuff on the left side with the molded fiberglass panel that I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Finished the panel and performed a final interference fit check yesterday before we start wiring. Laid out a birch plywood mock up in the KF before machining the panel on the bench milling machine purchased in the aircraft tool isle of Harbor Freight. Decided to install AS. ALt, Compass, and a clock on the co-pilot side for my co-pilot wife Kathy and passengers. We have a AFS 10" glass instrument panel and our bird is a Rotax 914 for the high altitudes here in NM and the Rockies. Installed a 'capped' AUX 12V power outlet for the hand-held back-up iCOM radio just in front of the trim switch. The BNC between the throttle and choke goes to separate antenna for the hand-held and better gain. Works pretty well.... I can hear ATIS at KAEG, 30 miles away from the house with the KF sitting in my driveway. Build partner Kitfox Rick (father-in-law) has an iPad, and needs to purchase a mounting bracket for installation about the glove compartment. I took my time laying out the panel and indexing each center with the panel screwed to a wooden 1" x 12" board on the milling bed. Purchased a combination 2" & 3.125" punch from Spruce and I'm making it available to a couple of other EAA chapter members with builds in-progress. Instead of silkscreening the panel, I used clear OfficeJet full-page adhesive labels, with another clear label on top of the printed sheet. We'll see how long it lasts, I can always print more. Layout was done on ViaCad, a pretty inexpensive Cadd system available on-line or at OfficeMax. Does 3D drawings too. I have about 50 hrs in the final panel instrument assembly. Powder coating was done at local coating shop here in Albuquerque.
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/att...1&d=1425820288

BobRS & Kitfox Kath
    N104Y, SS7, Rotax 914
    Alb, NM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    The Ipad mount is a FlyPad flush mount. They have a video on their website that shows how the Ipad snaps in and out.
    https://www.flypadmount.com/

The switches are the round rockers that Kitfox sells. Same thing they use in their LSAs.

The sticks are the stock sticks that I polished with Nuvite. Also used it on the landing gear, door hinges etc. really makes things shine.
    http://perfectpolish.com/
    John,

Do you have the dimensions for the ipad mini flypad mount? There is nothing on their website for dimensions to plan.

The cutout opening dimensions are 7.95" by 5.61"
    The overall dimensions (behind panel) are 8.75" by 5.94"
    Garmin G3X Touch