Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stratus/IPAD ??

Default Stratus/IPAD ??

It's hard to ask a question about something one doesn't know much about...........but here goes. Is anyone using an Ipad with stratus as the only source for nav and flight instruments? I've just recently became aware of stratus, I don't even know if this would be legal. I'm an old steam guy, buy would love to have a nice EFIS.........but like most, money is a factor, so trying to keep the cost down. Any info that you can share would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian

Default Re: Stratus/IPAD ??

Personally, I would not trust an iPad as the sole source of flight instrumentation.

I really like my Dynon D180. It does flight and engine instrumentation in one box. It wasn't anywhere near as expensive as the others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Default Re: Stratus/IPAD ??

I have been using the Ipad/Stratus set up for 3 plus years with Foreflight software. It is a feature rich product. The week link in the system is the Ipad.
    On several occassions the Ipad shut down due to overheating. That was the reason I installed a glass panel in my current project and scrubbed the idea of using the Ipad as primary instrumentation. It will be my secondary system.

As posted, the Dynon D180 is a great primary display choice. I’ve flown many hours behind that display. I chose MGLs iEFIS Lite for my new Kitfox.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear