Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bottom corner angle

Default Bottom corner angle

It's driving me crazy... can someone tell me where the part# 42711.000 "forward bottom corner angles" go? They are .5 x.5 x 9 inches (2) stainless steel. I must have missed that step in the manual... can't seem to find them mentioned anywhere in mine.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Bottom corner angle

Are they to stiffen the lower outer section of the firewall where the rudder return spring attaches?

Are the parts listed in the master (inventory) parts list? I can't find it in the build manual either. 1/2 x 1/2 x 9 SS angle, hmm. 'Forward lower' would suggest fuselage or FWF. Don't recall where that might go...Ask Jim, he'll know..

I think they are the angles you install on the very forward part of the fuselage on the side under the door. You attach the fabric to it and it brings the fabric surface out to match the boot cowl. Going by memory here, but that is what I think they are. They install with Hysol.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I think they are the angles you install on the very forward part of the fuselage on the side under the door. You attach the fabric to it and it brings the fabric surface out to match the boot cowl. Going by memory here, but that is what I think they are. They install with Hysol.
    Thanks Jim. I did the angles I believe you're talking about... they were aluminum. I wonder if these were designed to go along the lower corner (at a right angle to the aluminum ones). Oh well, I had no problem bringing the fabric around & attaching it to the corner fuselage tube. I sure don't think I saw anything in the manual about them.

Geowitz - I'm not sure how it is on other models, but on the 7 SS the return springs attach to tabs welded to the front bottom cross tube on the fuselage... no additional stiffness required on the firewall in that area.

Thanks all.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

I looked thru my entire Kitfox packing list and did not find that part # anywhere. I suspect it is an extra part for maybe an earlier model that got thrown into the box. I had a couple of extra parts (metal pieces) left over when I finished my build also.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I think these might be door latch striker plates? - optional to fit. I fitted full stainless U tubes around the doors so they were not needed.

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Those two angles...part number 42711...are the angles that go on the lower forward part of the center section of the lower half of the firewall on a Model IV.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Ah, ha! Thanks tj ! I got them with my 7SS kit. Now I feel better.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime