Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Trying to configure my VPX and account for all the amp draw in the system. Does anyone know the amp draw on each of the fan motors in the cabin heater? I will have to remove them to see the data sticker unless someone knows. SS7
    Thanks
    Eddie

I can't see mine either, but typically 12v brushless fans of that type and size (120mm) draw somewhere around 0.3 amps, but it could be considerably more.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Finally, an opportunity to offer a helpful tidbit while trailing some six months behind you. If the blue label on this fan looks familiar, they draw 0.38 Amps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Thank You Gentlemen. Not looking forward to dealing with all the spaghetti but I must start planning it out I guess.

Eddie, if its any help to you, I was also very intimidated by the wiring part of the project. Once you have the overall schematic figured out (for that part I used examples from Van's RV-12, other Kitfoxes, knowledgeable friends) the rest of the detail wiring is just like eating an elephant-one small wire at a time. Every electrical component comes with specific wiring instructions, including amp draw and usually even recommended wire sizes. Just tackle one component at a time, one wire at a time, using temporary small zip ties to keep the bundles neat, and pretty soon it is done! Wire as much of the backside of the panel as you can on the bench before installing it in the airplane. Your use of the Vertical Power VPX will simplify things more than a conventional system.

The Van's RV-12 complete schematic can be downloaded from their website and I found it quite helpful, since they were also using the Dynon Skyview system just like me.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks Jim. After seeing the pin out displayed for me after I populated the information it seems a bit easier. The VPX is answering most all the questions so Im pleased. Unfortunately my cool little LED starter switch cant be lit up with the VPX. SO, Im looking for the same switch Kitfox used in one of their SLSA. They are out of supply and apparently all those who carry that switch with the protective shroud are out of supply as well. I have to make the shroud I geuss.
    Eddie

Very good recommendation. Most components are pretty darn simple. If you attack them component by component, hooking most of them up is a lot simpler than you can imagine. I must admit of you look at the wire bundles it look intimidating. Hook up just one item at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Eddie, if its any help to you, I was also very intimidated by the wiring part of the project. Once you have the overall schematic figured out (for that part I used examples from Van's RV-12, other Kitfoxes, knowledgeable friends) the rest of the detail wiring is just like eating an elephant-one small wire at a time. Every electrical component comes with specific wiring instructions, including amp draw and usually even recommended wire sizes. Just tackle one component at a time, one wire at a time, using temporary small zip ties to keep the bundles neat, and pretty soon it is done! Wire as much of the backside of the panel as you can on the bench before installing it in the airplane. Your use of the Vertical Power VPX will simplify things more than a conventional system.

The Van's RV-12 complete schematic can be downloaded from their website and I found it quite helpful, since they were also using the Dynon Skyview system just like me.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Well, it has been six or seven months since I had the EAA tech counselor visit. Dave Prizio of Kitplane Magazine is my counselor and will be my DAR when all finished. He visited today and thankfully he said it was looking really good. Some encouraging words from him now has me thinking I need to be preparing for my vacation request next year to get current and checked out in the tailwheel with Stick and Rudder. It seems I will be flying next year.
    Some of the latest work I have done attached.
    Eddie
    Last edited by efwd; 07-10-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add photos

Oh yeh, I ended up picking up some Black Acetal Copolymer rod and fabricating my own starter button shroud. I had to do it twice since the first time it was a bit off center. I could only find aluminum shroud with a nurled edge and it was $7 with $7 shipping. I bought the rod for about $3
    Last edited by efwd; 07-10-2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: adding info

Some great progress Eddie. It must be satisfying to start getting these systems installed. Cant wait until I get to the same stage. Also, nice touch with the starter button assembly. Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by David47; 07-13-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    David
    SS7 Builder