Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to buy Kitfox. What questions to ask?

Default Re: Looking to buy Kitfox. What questions to ask?

A quick search of N20577 did confirm that the aircraft was in a seaplane incident on 08-08-2005. It also had an engine failure resulting in an emergency landing in a swamp on 9-16-2007.

http://aviationdb.net/aviationdb/AircraftDetailPage
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I like the site that gives the history everyone should know about that site before buying an aircraft.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I like the site that gives the history everyone should know about that site before buying an aircraft.
    I found it before purchasing my Kitfox. I was searching for every source of information I could find and encountered the page. I even did searches by varying criteria to find the number of crash/incident reports. One must also realize that the database may not be all inclusive. How many incidents occur where there is no report to the FAA. Just sayin'
    Lou
    KitFox II

I really appreciate all the help and advice for a newbie.

I was thinking about looking at that tri-gear in NH so the information here is very valuable. This forum is a great resource.

And yes I would want something that is EAB-LSA compliant.

There are a lot of tatty airframes for sale with 912 engines up front that go for big money because of the engine.

There are also a lot of very tidy airframes with 582's that go for a song because of the engine.

Personally, I'd go for the better airframe and then do what I want to the front end over time.

A less desirable engine can be resolved at a known cost. A rotten airframe is a money pit.

Just saying.

I have been talking to my wife the last few days about selling my Kitfox, but haven't gotten serious enough to post it, yet.

I have a Model III with a 912UL (80 hp) about 250 hours TT. panel mount com radio, transponder w/ encoder, panel mount intercom, 20-12-8 kingfox tires. I had it on floats for a very short time, and it worked great but my "mission" changed, so I removed and sold them. I "hanger" it in a fully enclosed trailer. The small airport I have it at charges me a tie-down fee (very inexpensive) to park the trailer in a tie-down spot, and it stays extremely well protected. The trailer can go with the plane if someone wants it, or I'll keep it.

Like I said, I am not in a hurry, if I sell it that will be good, but if I keep it, that will be good, also.

The n number is 191gw if you would like to look it up. It is listed as having a co-owner. the co-owner is my wife, since I need her permission to sell it anyway, that isn't a problem.

Call me if you have any interest or would like to see some pics (989)3874662.

Thanks

Louie