Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AirParks

Default Re: AirParks

There are a few not far from where I'm looking, I'm hoping to have a Mogas resource anyways
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by BerkutFX View Post
    There is a nice Airpark between Fredericksburg and Kerville... perfect location in my opinion. It is also very nice to have your Airpark location close to a Municipal Airport (about 12 miles away for the Airpark in this area).
    What is the name. The problem with most Airparks is they tend to build or want you to build McMansions. I want a 2200 to 2500 square foot home, I don't want or need more than that.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

"californicated"

I vote to add this "term" to Webster's Dictionary
    Lou
    KitFox II

Im with you Paul ..3000 sq ft max for us now,..the only reason we have this 10000ft place is my wife wanted it,,well after cleaning it for 7 years she is coming to her senses
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I have pretty much lived all over the world,no matter where you go there are very few places with in my budget/grasp that have the best seasons all year round, so its either killer hot in the summer and doable from sept to june or its awesome from april to November and freeze yer arse off winters, further west in texas there are water rights to deal with..I don't want to be on a meter where you cant take a shower but once a week because of drout,,and I don't want to be on town water at all, or town sewer..yes there is cost of a well and septic system but its a part of the property and I don't have to worry about a 9 year old sitting in the shower for 40 minutes running the water I guess its up to what your willing to put up with,
    my goal in this endeavor, cost efficient home town feeling flying community that can be realized without all the excessive rules , sure there will have to be some..but as minimal as possible
    it can be done..
    Im hoping it does not turn into a clicky Im better then you because...... airpark..relaxed demeanor is the goal..be yourself relaxed,,not I better act this way because of so n so,,
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    What is the name. The problem with most Airparks is they tend to build or want you to build McMansions. I want a 2200 to 2500 square foot home, I don't want or need more than that.
    Here is the one I was talking about...

http://www.aviationacres.com/Texas.a...etail&ID=16590

From Canyon Lake Airpark south of San Marcos to Silver Wings Airpark near Fredericksburg there are a good range of Airparks NW of San Antonio to West of Austin.

Another good resource ---> http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/resident.htm

to my point of relaxed..a friend is coming over shortly and we are going to have a beer and a bon fire shoot the shiot have a few laughs then call it a night

how many airparks can you do that in? at one of the ponds there will be a fire ring..anyone that lives on field can use it.. that kind of relaxed.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

wow ,,I just looked at http://www.aviationacres.com/Texas.a...etail&ID=16590

that is not what I'm looking for..I bet if your lawn gets over 2 inches you pay a fine at that place,..living in an area like that is to city'fied for me ,the cheapest listed home was 450K and I bet that's on a 100' square lot
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 01-05-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    wow ,,I just looked at http://www.aviationacres.com/Texas.a...etail&ID=16590

that is not what I'm looking for..I bet if your lawn gets over 2 inches you pay a fine at that place,..living in an area like that is to city'fied for me
    I have been to many of these Airparks west and south west of Austin and I have found them all to be very laid back with friendly property owners.

Here is more details on Silver Wings ---> http://www.silverwingsfly.com/

If you really love water here you go ---> http://canyonlakeairport.net/

silver wings looks nice..more on my lines with close to a 5 acre lot
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL