Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: latex paint

Default Re: latex paint

Do you remember your thinning ratio and your preferred thinner. Did the airless spray well or was it splotchy, Do you remember the nozzle size of the airless sprayer. Also how much overspray did you have to deal with? Any tips are always helpful to all considering these experimental processes.

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I did this fisher in Valspar Latex with Zinzer bullseye 123 primer a few years back turned out flawless, I used an airless sprayer I like it. Stuff is just a bit heavy.

no need to thin with an airless also a good airless sprayer is never blotchy if it is you need to stop and figure out what your doing wrong. tip size will be anywhere from 309 to 311 could use a 411 also but you will have overspray then. Is really easy and fun to experiment. good luck

Very good info here on using latex, from the same fellow who did the EAA webinar:

http://www.wienerdogaero.com/Latex.php
    Doug
    Super Sport
    912ULS
    Constant Speed IVOProp

I went to his seminar at Oshkosh and was surprized at the shine in his finish. We talked briefly about our differences in method but unfortunately did not have the time I would have liked. Malcom does some great things with latex.

Quote Originally Posted by dginok View Post
    Very good info here on using latex, from the same fellow who did the EAA webinar:

http://www.wienerdogaero.com/Latex.php