Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 101 of 119 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1183

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Great video!
    Love it!
    Wish I had more places like that in AZ.
    Too much off-airport here #alottaflattires.😎
    Brad Smith
    KF Vixen IO-240
    Flying when I have gas money

https://youtu.be/2JgHnPaVufg

A little more ski flying in Wisconsin...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

A short break away.

A few days ago we decided on a short overnight trip to western Victoria, to a little town called Hopetoun. Hopetoun is in the Mallee district of western Victoria, Australia and is dry land cropping country. After experiencing a drought a few years back the government decided to pipe water to the town and construct a holding lake to 'drought proof' the town. With small towns like this no longer the thriving hubs they used to be, the locals ceased on the opportunity to build some unique accommodation on the edge of the lake and provided free camping for caravans around the rest of the lake edge. What a great initiative and all done and run by volunteer labour! Great hospitality in converted grain silos - and VERY well priced! Friendly locals gave us lifts to the airfield and the community run pub serves great meals and cold beer -
    what else could you want for a short fly away!? We were more than happy to offer an early morning scenic lap of the town in return for such great generosity. Well done Hopetoun and here is a little photographic essay of this little gem of town to visit! A bet we all have little towns nearby that make for interesting short visits - they all have interesting stories - how sharing your stories of the ones near you
    cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Great shots. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Ross for the post. Those are the kind of flights I hope to be making on a regular basis once Im up. Of course the several hundred mile trips back and forth to AZ are big on the list of reasons for building. The Desertfoxes are some of my nearest kitfox neighbors so I will be visiting them regularly.

I thought that maybe I should start contributing more to this site so here it is. We flew to Cedar Key an Island on the West coast of Florida in a friends SLSA SS7. Great place to stay for a day or a few nights. Not a lot to do which is the beauty of it. Good restaurants, a few shops, museums etc. We went today and had lunch and it was great. When you fly in call Judy over the Unicom and she will meet you at the airport to give you a taxi ride to the town which is only 2 miles away.

Looks familiar. Been there, done that. A nice place to visit.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Vixen FOXK for a bit of a run down to the USA border today. Still a bit brown in vineyards and orchards. Great country though. Still skiing up top, gardening golfing and water skiing down below.
    This is where the SS7 2008 that I am helping the widow sell is located. It is listed in classified.
    The little 80 horse with IVO IFA moves along well. Note my up market GPS. Still works like charm though.
    Have fun guys
    Don
    The SS7 is priced now

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Very Nice.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Great photos. That countryside is a dead ringer for the Australian landscape in many parts of the country.
    David
    SS7 Builder