Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: i fly gps

Default Re: i fly gps

I don't mean to hijack this thread but for the past few days I have been playing around with an app on my Samsung Tab S. The program is called AVARE. Seems quite user friendly and easy to see on this tablet.
    Not sure how they do this but it is FREE!
    Anyone out there used this and if so would appreciate your comments. I am planning a trip to the Yukon but of course will have a whole batch of paper thingies as well.
    Looking forward to comments.
    Cheers
    Don

Default Re: i fly gps

Its not great in the sun but neither is the ipad. I mounted mine in a way that the sun would not reflect off of it. If you have the money to buy a ipad mini or some other tablet that would be the better option. Down side is just the cost. Foreflight, for example is about $100 a year for the gps program and about $300 + for the tablet and about $100 for the gps antena such as the "bad elf" etc. The ifly gps is about half that cost but it is only a gps and some of the older models require a cigarette lighter for 12v power as they don't have a internal battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jesse; 05-31-2015 at 06:50 PM.