Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Where I Fly.

I had the opportunity to fly the plane to Show Low last weekend to attend a week-long welding workshop for school. Saturday morning I flew from Show Low to Rock Art Ranch (Google it) that is just South of Joseph City and landed on a dirt road leading into the ranch. Kelly Baird, a friend from Utah was down to the ranch to help his Dad Brantley on this one of a kind dude ranch. Every year (June / July) they host a group of archeology students from several universities around the country. They are there to work ancient indian digs as they map the past. There is a museum of many artifacts (Complete pottery vessels, arrowheads, tools, the list goes on). His dad gives tours of the ranch almost daily and I was able to join them yesterday morning...fascinating! Afterwards, Kelly took me to a good place to hunt arrowheads. We didn't find any after 3 hours of looking...but we did find some nice pottery chards. Was a good time. I flew home this morning passing Winslow on my right direct to Payson then on to Falcon Field. Had a nice tailwind most of the way and made it in about an hour. Beautiful scenery! GoPro video below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3zBn9JpLQ

Payson, AZ below

untitled-14.jpg

untitled-7.jpg

Dropping into Mesa, Fountain Hills ahead
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DanB; 06-09-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ