Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting close!!

Default Re: Getting close!!

And do take the time to check off items in the inventory list. Then, after you've spent 30 minutes looking for the right bag of bolts, you can confirm you have them somewhere on hand and continue looking.

I did put all of the bags of rivets in a single Tupperware container. There are a large number of these bags, with some duplication, and it was great not to have to paw through these bags while looking for the aforementioned bolts. Naturally, there was that one time when, in exasperation, I finally looked in the rivet bowl and did find a "missing" part.

You're going to have a great time. And a good sense of humor will certainly help!
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

I agree with Josh, keep all parts in the boxes they came in. The inventory list references box numbers/letters so its very easy to find a part. I don't think I ever spent more than a minute or so looking for a part.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I agree with Josh, keep all parts in the boxes they came in. The inventory list references box numbers/letters so its very easy to find a part. I don't think I ever spent more than a minute or so looking for a part.
    I'll reiterate this. It's what I did, and when you really can't find something, you can go to your inventory lists, which will tell you what box it's in or what sub-kit it's included with. If you left everything organized the way it came, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Cool Re: Getting close!!

The inventorying (and, keeping them in the box) should start late tomorrow morning.

These great suggestions remind me of building my RV-6. I unboxed some items (not all) and stored stuff all over the house. E.g., the main fuse longerons went on top of the drapery hangers in the living room. They couldn't be seen but they sure could be forgotten - as could lots of other things. Finding them probably added a week to the total build schedule.

Did your very big box come today?

No sir - road repair slowed the truck in Illinois and they won't be here until tomorrow morning. If it isn't raining I hope to post pictures tomorrow. We'll see - shouldn't count your chickens until they hatch don't ya know.

So sorry, it has been said, good things come to those who wait.

Default And - drum roll please - IT IS HERE

Brandon and Heather arrived early this morning and the unloading went smoothly. I spent the rest of the day doing the inventory thing and perusing the manual. Hopefully, the inventory drudgery will be completed tomorrow and the real fun can commence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

welcome to the fun part!
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

It is so funny to read these posts. Having experienced this for myself two years ago and being new to the forum at that time I posted words so similar. I remember how I felt then as well. Two years later I have read posts like this, as we all have, and find that they are all so familiar in character. Congrats on your shipment arrival. The inventory may be laborious but as elated as you are having got your prize, you won't mind doing it at all. Have fun.
    Eddie