Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox 2 Hidro

Default Kitfox 2 Hidro

All hello! My name is Evgeny, I from Russia. Help, schemes or drawings on installation of floats aboard the plane Kitfox 2 are necessary. Sizes of racks of fastening of floats and so on. Thank you very much! Wash e-meil: cherniy_karlik@rambler.ru

Default Re: Kitfox 2 Hidro

Hi Eugeniy, I think the model II float stuff is more of an art than a science. I am sure someone will speak up soon, but I personally have no experience with floats on a kitfox.

Thanks! I hope for the help! In Russia there aren't enough planes of Kitfox, it is no more than 5-6 copies, the hydra isn't present in general.

Hi Evgeny, welcome to the Kitfox group.

I'm not sure if what I have will help answer your questions, but here is some information I have from my Aerocet float installation on my Model IV Kitfox. It gives a lot of good dimensions, especially my drawing that lays out the measurements in detail. A Kitfox Model 3 should be very similar.

Paul Seehafer
    Kitfox IV Amphib 912ul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Re: Kitfox 2 Hidro

Hi! Thanks a lot for the help! I very much am grateful to you! Your drawings this that that is necessary. Now I can begin work on installation of floats aboard the plane. Yours faithfully Evgeny.

Glad to hear it helped you. Keep us posted on your progress or if you have any more questions from Russia.

The world is a big place, but when you are a Kitfoxer you are part of a really great family of friends.

Hello everyone! I thank everyone who gave me help! My Kitfox 2 now flies from the water. This is the first hydro Kitfox in Russia. There is a question: where to buy spring chassis? If there are drawings of springs, please tell! Another I want to buy Kitfox Series 4, or a project?
    Last edited by Eugeniy; 07-13-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Hello from the USA. Good to hear that you got it working on floats. Can you post some pictures for us? I would love to see it. I don't know just what you are looking for in a spring chassis. My Kitfox 2 has the bush gear with springs instead of bungees. I'm not sure if you are looking for that or a spring aluminum gear like many of the newer models have.

IF this is the gear you are looking for I can take more pictures later. Won't be able to do it for about 2 weeks.

Hi ! Thank you! You have a very beautiful plane! Photo lay, I have not yet figured out how to do it. To install the spring still relevant, I'll do it later. I want to buy another Kitfox series 4, or his project. Who will sell ?