Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bay Area Kitfoxer's ?

Default Bay Area Kitfoxer's ?

Hi all,

New World of aviation for me. After a lot of research / search on different types of planes, I was lucky enough to find a really nice Model 5. With that, I also decided to become a real pilot and added a tail wheel endorsement to the list of things..

So with the new Kitfox purchase, I decided to revamp the instrument panel by adding the G3X Touch which seems to be an incredible avionics suite.

Do we have some active Bay Area guys? Would love to meet you. I am based at Concord, KCCR and look forward to start flying the Sierra and Lake Berryessa backcountry.

Cheers
    Alex Di Sessa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Bay Area Kitfoxer's ?

Looks like you bought Jud's plane. Great!

I'm over in Reno with my 914 7 SLSA. Leaving the country for a month next week but would be fun to get together when I return.

Fred

Yes, that's Jud's bird.

Looking forward to connecting. My plane will be ready in few weeks and hopefully the weather in Idaho improves so I can fly her back home.

Cheers
    Alex

I have a KF3 based in Livermore. Working on getting it back in the air after an extended condition inspection.

Ralph

Ralph

When do you plan to fly her again?

I am hoping to get mine within couple weeks here at KCCR (Concord)

Cheers
    Alex

I am waiting on a new prop right, replacing the GSC due to the hub halves touching rendering the blades unserviceable. Due to the vintage of my 912UL, I had to go with a Warp Drive GA 3 blade. It should be here in a week. The next thing will be to finish the firewall forward part of the condition inspection. Then before I can fly I need my flight review. Considering my normal pace it should be before June... although I sure hope it is sooner.

Ralph

Great! Good luck. I am often at LVK as I fly a Cirrus out of there as well. Next time I am there I will ping you.

Thanks
    Alex