Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Yellow and white or yellow and some other colours Eddie ?
    David
    SS7 Builder

If it's fiberglass, its yellow. Fabric is Oratex and its silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. Looking forward to seeing a full finished plane photo. Enjoying your thread. Keep up the great work.....:
    David
    SS7 Builder

If I told you I hoped to fly this summer, how soon would you say I need to apply for registration?
    Eddie

I used the EAA registration forms packet with step-by-step instructions. They had a recommendation in there about how much time to allow, it seems like it was 60 or 90 days, not sure. I recommend that packet; it was quite cheap.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thank You Jim.

Sometimes, its the people you meet that just adds to the pleasure of this endeavor we are in. Although I have not worked on the plane today I did happen across an awesome business/owner and his son. I am having my exhaust pipe chromed. Originally I was going to do the typical shiny "Harley" chrome but after today I am going with something different. I walked into this business (CPPG INC.) that just so happens to be near work. First thing I noticed, a big desk and Hard wood models of airplanes and posters of various aviation/military stuff all around. As I was waiting for someone to show me a sample of what they do, two gentleman walked in (speaking Spanish). Older guy and his son. Owner and employee. Jorge, the son, took me into a room where he could show me the chrome finish he applies. Not shiny chrome. They do extensive hard chroming on Aircraft parts among many other product lines. He certainly wasn't pushing a sale on me in fact he was not sure what he could do would suit me. I got to tour the machine shop (huge machining equipment) as well as the plating process. The process they use to hard chrome plate their parts is extensive and need I say it costs more. I was so impressed with this guy and his dad. I could pay American workers all day long if I were handled in this fashion for a few bucks. They certainly didn't need my measly job but I was made to feel like I was Northrup Grumman.
    Maybe weird that I am sharing this but Sometimes you meet the greatest people when dealing with airplanes and that's what makes this family so wonderful to be a part of.
    Eddie

I want a Honeywell Hobbs hour meter. I can splice into the oil line and connect up an oil pressure switch that would run it. They also state I could hook it into the ignition switch. Both methods are far more work than the vibration activated Hobbs meter available at AS&S. Has anyone used one of those. The only draw back is that the battery is worth about 4-5 years. Then I have to replace the meter with a zero time meter. The Honeywell is pretty much for ever. I suppose once you rebuild the engine one day, the meter and engine time don't match anyhow. How are you keeping track of engine time?
    Eddie

My EIS logs hours once RPM is registered above 250rpm
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I bought the Honeywell with a 4psi pressure switch. Haven't connected it up yet but it looks simple enough. A simple "T" fitting with the pressure switch held by a S/S L bracket attached to the firewall.
    David
    SS7 Builder