Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i fly gps

Default Re: i fly gps

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/B...?device=tablet

When the local pilots here in this area heard it was Henry (Hank) we were very relieved to hear that he was ok. He made an amazing landing. I suggested that he buy a lottery ticket. Sorry Hank if I stepped on your toes posting this but what you did was amazing and you are one hell of a pilot.

So, Henry (Hank), what's the story behind the story (news report).
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

IFly is one of the units I am considering, are there any other units I should take a look at?

Mr. Bill,

This is just my opinion. (Please don't blast me) I have the ifly 700. A friend of mine graciously gave it to me since he was not using it and I am grateful to have it. However after using it and seeing that its not as sunlight readable as they say, and frankly, nowhere near as user friendly as an iPad, I don't think I would buy one. I have an iPad mini with the cheaper air pro app($15.95) and a GPS transmitter that goes on the dash, and it works great. I use my ifly as a back up but if I didn't have it, I would use my iPhone as a back up and then one of those paper things that they used to use if both GPS quit.

I have my iPad mini in a protective case and then I use a slip grip with ram mount. You can mount anywhere you have a pipe or place to mount a ram mount ball.

Ifly recently came out with an ipad app. I have been thinking about trying it.

JerryTex, I'm surprised you don't still use those old paper thing....shocked, really. Flying the King Air 300s, I always use them....they fit great in the windows to block the sunlight so I can better see my iPad without any glare!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Jerrytex:
    There is always more than one way to do anything. There are a host of gps/systems available, I'm trying to find the one that best fits my needs. I am evaluating all the input and suggestions I can get, and yours is also appreciated.

I like the clean simplicity of the Ifly's it's small yet big enough to see, has a remote control, external antenna,battery back up, touch screen, the 720's with wifi can be uploaded to current without removing it from the plane , i've got mine temp mounted but will have it permanently mounted once i get the new panel, 1 less thing to carry to and from the house, 1 less thing to miss place or forget
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I recently traded my iFly 720 for one of the new 740 models. It's a really a nice unit for me, with a few very big improvements. It has a LOT brighter display, a faster processor, a built-in emergency battery, better GPS receiver, a new operating system that is much improved, etc., etc.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I have a ifly 700 gps that i am not longer using if anyone is interested give me a shout. It works great! The kitfox i fly o now has one built in to the panel so i no loner need it. I still have the box it came in but needs an update as it expired about 6 months ago, $10 or $20 update if i recall. For the money these things are great.

Let me know how much you want for it! Maybe the Wife will let me get it for fathers day. I have a panel mounted 396 right now. How is it in the sun?
    Thanks,
    Dave