Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

Default Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

I recently saw a weight and balance form that had loading for both experimental and LSA. It looked like a Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone have a copy that could have? The Excel sheet would be the best.
    Dave

Default Re: Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

Any luck on finding this?

Here's an excel spreadsheet set up to do weight and balance. Save it to your computer then edit it to do weight and balance on any airplane, nose or tail wheel.
    Weight & Balance Classic IV & Lite² Aircraft - Kitfox Aircraft

Last edited by t j; 02-11-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

[QUOTE=t j;82523]Here's an excel spreadsheet set up to do weight and balance. Save it to your computer then edit it to do weight and balance on any airplane, nose or tail wheel.
    Weight & Balance Classic IV & Lite² Aircraft - Kitfox Aircraft

This works great but can you remind me how to get the weights for the most adverse front and rear

I'm going by a 20 year old memory in a 70 year old brain so someone may have a better way to calculate max fore and aft CG.

I played the "What if " by putting weights in both the fore and aft sections of the form that the plane could fly at and remain within the CG limits and max gross weight limit.

For max foreward CG: light pilot, low fuel load, no baggage.
    For max aft CG: 2 fat guys, full fuel, max baggage load.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by t j; 02-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Do we really need the fore and aft in a kitfox ? Do you divide the weights up somehow fore and aft. . Or how about WHY does this form show fore ad aft?

In a kitfox, every thing you put in the plane moves the CG back, and everything you take out moves the CG foreward.

With maximum fore and afft CGs shown on the form you don't have to fill out and sign a new form for each flight.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I am sorry I a not getting this. I am a bit rusty on WB. In my case it is a tricycle gear . I weigh 180, no passenger, 156 lbs of fuel, 50 lbs baggage in a model 7ss.
    1- how would I figure what is forward or aft for my flight. The mains are behind me so pilot and fuel would be forward and the baggage goes in aft?
    2- do I use the fore and aft for every flight?
    3- what do I do with those figures? As long as the fore and aft both fall between the 16 and 10 numbers

I hear you Fred. Here's a couple short EAA hints for home builders on Most forward and most aft CG calculations. I'v found that it takes a while playing with the calculations to get a feel for how it works. Also, sometimes people get too much help with it. Everyone has a different view of how to do the calculations and they can all be correct but the helpers sometimes get fixated on trying to prove that their way is the only correct way.

The excel spread sheet I posted is for a model 4. The same type spreadsheets are out there and available for the Model 7ss. maybe someone can point you to one of those. I don't know anything about CG limits etc on those later model Kitfoxes.

In your example above the only thing that will change during the flight to move the CG is the burning of fuel which will move the CG forward in a Kitfox.

Most foreward CG video https://video.eaa.org/detail/videos/...autoStart=true

Most aft CG video https://video.eaa.org/detail/videos/...autoStart=true
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I see ,your wb form is just an example. So I assume you can use the same form to actually do our daily wb calculation and as long as the number falls between the numbers you will be in balance. Just to clarify you are suppose to do a calculation for fore and aft every time you d the WB?