Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pilot Operating Handbook

Default Re: Pilot Operating Handbook

One more thing... I believe there is a template in the "Pilots Guide to Kitfox" available from Kitfox Aircraft. The template has the format and verbiage but the necessary information on speeds are blank.

Ralph

Awesome, thank you for your help!

Mine is a work in progress since I'm still a ways off of finishing. If anyone likes it enough to want the source file, I'm happy to send it. Be warned, it's a LaTeX document, so you might not enjoy editing it. There's a learning curve, especially if you're not used to code or markup languages.

POH.pdf
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

That looks like a good template for creating a POH. I have my POH completed except for Section 5, which someday will contain all of the performance charts and data.

Be careful not to use the work "Approved" in your POH; I see it on Pg. 11 & 15 of your file. The word approved per the definitions in FAR 1.1 means "approved by the FAA or any person to whom the FAA has delegated its authority in the matter concerned". We don't have the authority to call our POH approved.

• I put the following warning at the beginning of Section 2. "Although this section is not FAA approved, the information found in the 'Limitations Section' should be regarded as mandatory, and must be strictly observed".
    • My first paragraph of Section 2 points out the document "Experimental Operating Limitations Operating Amateur-Built Aircraft" from the Boise FSDO, dated XX/XX/XXXX. This is the document that you receive when you get your Special Airworthiness Certificate from the FAA or DAR. FYI this document must be carried onboard the aircraft at all times.
    • I included a listing for Placards in Section 2, including their locations (just like many certified aircraft do). I only listed one for safety critical items such as placards by the fuel caps, fuel selector, the required passenger warning, aircraft data plate and the word "Experimental".
    • On the title page I think it is important to put the aircraft serial number. The POH is specific to your plane only. Listing the N number is okay, but it can be changed.
    • I think it's OK to use the words "must" and "shall" in your POH. If I ever sell my plane to somebody else a good POH may save my bacon if it ever comes to litigation.
      • Example: I have a required placard in my POH that says "Avoid Extended Steep Descents With Less Than 2 Gallons"
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Hello, I'm to this old thread about POH and the reason is because, after a long waiting for my tail number wich I got it already, now they want me to present a POH and other documents in order to get the airworthiness certificate. My Kitfox is an s7. I someone has one for me to take ideas I Will be thankfull. My email is silvaleonardof2d@yahoo.com
    Thaks.