Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jabiru 3300

Default Re: Jabiru 3300

Thanks Foxkit3 for getting back to the question. Just trying to get input on the jab pros and cons.

Chuck Lutgerote is completing a pressure cowl install on a Zenith 750 and has a lot of data on the cooling problem. I saw the pattern he is installing and he is anxious to see the summer heat test out his theory. The bottom line is, a lot of airflow goes right over the engine and never goes through the cooling fins. His fix should solve that problem. Give him a call.
    He is on the Zenith Forum.
    He's in Sandpoint Idaho.

Anyone heard anything about the heat issues on the Jabiru 3300 lately

I've been investigating putting on a Jabiru 2200 on my Kitfox IV project.
    But because this is my first plane, and due to the fact that all 6 Kitfoxes flying in the Nehterlands are Rotax-equipped, I thought it might be wiser to stay with the familiar type and the experience that comes with it.

However, from that investigation time I learned that for any Jab it is very important to find a way to get hot air OUT of the cowling - in stead of getting more cool air IN.
    Jabiru airplanes are equipped with a kind of 'lip-edge' at the underside of the air-outlet, to make under-pressure, and suck more air out of the cowling.

Given the massive air-inlet the 'older' (up to IV) Kitfoxes have with the round cowl, inlet should be no problem...

Hans,

I built a kitfox IV with a Jabiru 2200. I modified a Sky Fox cowl and installed it per advice from Dave J. From New York State. I have no issues cooling my engine even when it's the weather is warm. I now have over 70 hours logged flying. if you have any questions just let me know.

Dan G.

What is a "Skyfox" cowl?

I was informed Skyfox is the Austrailan version of Kitfox when I ordered the Firewall forward for the Jabiru 2200.
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying

My brother and I built a series7 with a Jabiru 3300 engine. The only time we have high cylinder head temperatures are during climbs in 90 degree plus weather.We also replaced the Bing carb with an Aero Vee carb because we had problems with uneven air flow to the engine. We have more problems with high oil temperatures during cruise in hot weather. We have flown to Oshkosh two times and plan to fly the 1400 nautical miles to the Kitfox Flyin this September.