Supporting vendors:

Your ad here?

Go Back   TeamKitfox Forums > Discussion > Propellers

Old 05-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #21
Flyboy66

Default Re: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

The Luga prop has a great price, but info is lacking. I have written the manufacturer a few times and usually heard back in 2 to 4 days. I think the person I was communicating was using an online translator because sometimes the responses were not in line with my questions. There isnít any documentation that I can find on the props ( TBO, repairs.....). I am waiting to see what TPalmer has to say after 6 months or so. Is anyone else running a Luga? If so, how many hours? Durability? Is it repairable?

I saw something in the web site about 600 hours. Is that before inspection, or is that when it goes in the trash can? What type of documentation came with the prop?
Flyboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #22
z987k

Same issue here. I've decided to wait or go another direction. I don't like the idea of no support and an airplane down for 6 months if I had an issue.
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #23
john2

Don't have hard data but I'm pretty sure Steve Henry is still running the Luga on his Yamaha powered Highlander. It is three blade and he was very positive about the prop.
Another prop I am considering for my Just Superstol is a Duc Helices Flash 3 blade. Can't find a lot of info but they seem to have excellent all around performance, good or very good pulling on take-off and about 10 mph higher on cruise than some other competitor props for the Superstol (it needs all the help it can get on cruise lol)
Good thread over on the Wings Forum on the Duc. Keith Showwalter out of Anchorage is running one on his Just Superstol and speaks highly of it. Link is http://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=24080

Take Care,
John Cooley
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #24
Av8r3400
Super Moderator

Hal Stockman of Zipper Engine Kits is sort of a dealer for the Luga props if there is such a thing. He had gotten several from Europe for people. He is a big fan of them.
912UL 105hp Zipper
YouTube Videos
Av8r3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:46 AM   #25
Drowosek

Send a message via Skype™ to Drowosek

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post
Same issue here. I've decided to wait or go another direction. I don't like the idea of no support and an airplane down for 6 months if I had an issue.
Hello, dear aviators!
I am ready to answer all questions about these propellers. Why? Because I worked together with the authors of these saber-like blades for a long time and continue to communicate with them. The blades were developed in Kharkiv by the Liliental air company. Details you can read on the website: http://propeller.simplesite.com/
I took part in the strength tests of these blades in the certified laboratory of the Kharkov Aviation University. These tests were credited with the certification of these propellers in Germany.
If necessary, I'll send a passport. I reply to the letters within 1 hour after they have been read. I read all the letters twice a day.
With regards to the propeller. We removed the limitation on the period of operation, leaving a limit on the hours of operating time - 600 hours. After that you disassemble and inspect the screw. In the absence of visible damage, you extend the resource by 100 hours by making a record in the Passport and sending us a letter about this decision. The number of renewals is not limited. .

Last edited by Drowosek; 09-06-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Drowosek is offline   Reply With Quote