Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: door frame, window

Default door frame, window

It has been a while since I posted any photos so here it goes. Made some head way tonight on the door and window frames.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: door frame, window

Oh what fun that was. You should have seen my cut angle at the bottom of the door.

I'm with Eddie. I spent a loooong time on this and ended up using a joiner piece to connect sections together - my corner cuts weren't all that flash either. Photos attached FYI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks for sharing your photos. I scratched my head for a while working this out, not finished yet. Filler will make things look good in the end!

Several years ago John McBean posted a series of photos in his album section, showing how the factory approaches the door angle installation. I found them quite helpful. Try this link: http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/alb...&pictureid=562
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyjim View Post
    I scratched my head for a while working this out, not finished yet. Filler will make things look good in the end!
    Yep, same here. And the mitre cut in one of the photos was taken before I also added filler !. It looks quite presentable now .. It's really weird because you're actually working in two different planes when you do these intersections between the door and the triangular windows at that fuselage stringer. You'll sort it with a bit more head scratching ...
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks guys,

I like the new door frames as they wrap all the way around the box tubing making for a nice tight fit, clamping will still be needed when setting with hysol.

Jim