Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: First, Build a Shed

Default Re: First, Build a Shed

Carl, I like your white letters on black labeling better than my black on light tan. They really stand out nicely.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I like the position of the Lane lights, close to the status monitor. That's a great idea and wish I had the space on my, still on paper, panel to do the same. I do like your little switches as well. Presumably they're not man enough for the job of start power and backup, which I seem to recall is 20A, hence the lone toggle switch

All of the switches came from Kitfox. They have an assortment of the round switches and it's nice to have "0/1" matching the "H/Off/L" heater fan switch. Easy to install with a "bump" that fits into a filed key-way to prevent rotation.

The "Start Power | Battery B/U" toggle came with the Firewall Forward kit for the 912iS. The "Start Power" position is a momentary rather than "locked" position. You hold the switch in that position, while pressing the "Start" button, and when you release it returns to the center "Off" position. The "Battery B/U" position is a more traditional "locked" position.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Yes, we've had this conversation on Eddie's thread. I'll be using a start timer and won't have a start power switch at all but I think I prefer Ross' idea of using an on/off switch instead of having to keep holding the switch, while you're pressing the start button and potentially adjusting the throttle. The only disadvantage is that you then have to remember to turn off the switch after start but that's hardly onerous. An on/off/on switch would fit the bill but I'm certainly not in any position to muck up anyone's thinking when my machine is still on paper It is a shame that KF don't have a switch to match the others and do the job but, as I said before, I don't think they'd have a high enough current rating for the 20A required by Rotax.

I've slept multiple times since the start switch topic came up and completely forgot about it.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Be aware that the FAA just changed the required wording for the passenger warning. EAA says they will be coming out with new decals. Sorry I do not recall at the moment what the FAA document is that contains the working.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Thanks for the heads up Gary
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Kitfox has a nice metal engraved passenger warning plate you can purchase; at least they used to. It goes on with a couple of small rivets-easy-peasy. Its the plate in the center of the glove box on the right-not a very good photo.
    What size screen is your EFIS?
    Another question, what are the black strips on your rudder pedals. How do you like them?
    Thanks
    Brian

Brian,

It's Jim who has what looks like non-slip strips on the rudder pedals. Perhaps he'll drop by and notice your questions.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Its the 10" Dynon Skyview screen.
    As Carl guessed, the black strips are non-slip self adhesive, and yes I like them.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS