Hi Lynn,

Knowing how busy you always are, I figured you were just off on projects.

Yes, I agree that adding a bit more wing to float incidence will help your situation. Most would probably do that with my Kitfox, as it is pretty much the least amount I would ever put on a floatplane. But I like it the way it is. I'm certain however if I increased my throat angle on my Kitfox, I would shorten my takeoff run quite a bit. So in effect, my numbers are probably not the best to follow.

I think your idea of getting your time in the Cub would be a good one. Let's face it, most of these little airplanes fly best with just one person in it. The only thing I'd suggest is to incorporate your amphib ops training into your training program, even though the Cub is not an amphib. Just pretend it is so you develop habits that include proper gear position.

On that subject, I just read an article in digital Kitplanes talking about flying a Searey amphib,and the author explained Searey's new gear position warning indicator, and I really liked what they did. Granted I am really old school, so I will probably never go out of my way to actually buy one, but if I did I think I'd use theirs. I think they have it figured out.

I too hope people aren't discouraged by any of this float discussion, as yes, you are trying to do something that as far as I know has never successfully been done before (a Speedster Jabiru 2200 Kitfox amphib). And frankly, I'm impressed with what you have accomplished thus far. I think with more angle, along with those wing extensions (which will also be much more effective with the increased angle) that you will probably be happy with your new amphib. Especially if you can limit additional weight in the cabin.