Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Is this "the ultimate homebuilt"??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is this "the ultimate homebuilt"??

I think this just has to be the ultimate homebuilt. And it gets better...he actually built 2 of them!

And better yet, the designer / builder of the Explorer is the same guy that created the original aircraft that evolved into our modern Kitfoxes. And at last count there are about 30 derivative designs or copies of the original Avid Flyer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKNPOSpMpY

So I just thought you guys might enjoy seeing this incredible homebuilt that was built at Avid aircraft..... (wait for it...) in their spare time (and when I say their spare time, bear in mind that Avid and Kitfox were both shipping as many as 40 kits (each) a month at the time).

The design and construction of two of these mamoth Explorers alone was a huge task for anyone, but in addition to the design of the Avid and the Explorer, Dean Wilson designed and built, or rebuilt 80 DIFFERENT AIRCRAFT between just the 80's and 90's! (And he's still at it last I spoke with him...).

Enjoy.
    Last edited by av8rps; 02-05-2015 at 09:23 PM.