Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GSC Propellor

Default Re: GSC Propellor

I have been trying to get that myself. I will be swapping my GSC with an IVO whenever it shows and will post some weights.

My understanding (unconfirmed) is that the GSC weighs around 3 lbs more than the Ivo in case that helps at all.

Monocock:

What blade diameter did you choose and what is your gearbox ratio?

Hi at all,

I had a chance to test my GSC 68" 3 blade and a Warp Drive 68" at my Kitfox III with 582 and 3:1 Ratio C-Box.
    Both Propeller had 5900-6000 static - GSC 18 degree at 75% and Warp 13,5 degree on tip.

I like my GSC with about 180hrs and 4 years, it looks like the first day and performance well.

May be someone notice the same performance or could recommend a better prop than GSC? I'm looking for a
    nice two blade or 3 blade prop if it works with my gearbox and gets a better Performance than this - any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJzHAz7P_Y

Take care....

Olaf
    Olaf
    Bonn - Germany
    Kitfox III 582 GSC Prop
    Youtube-Channel

I have been quite happy going from my 3 blade 68" GSC to the 3 blade 68" Ivo. My gearbox ratio is 2.6x though. Much smoother and lighter than the GSC. Performance though similar (maybe 4 mph faster across the board with the IVO).

Did you try to convert your 3 blade IVO in a 2 Blade Prop? I've read that's possible with an IVO-Prop?

Olaf
    Olaf
    Bonn - Germany
    Kitfox III 582 GSC Prop
    Youtube-Channel