Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What props are available for the 582?

Default Re: What props are available for the 582?

Will a 60/40 prop two blade wooden Culver that came off a Rotax 447 work with the 582 on the Model 4?
    Gil

It will bolt on, but it's not near enough prop for an engine that is producing 1/3 more HP than it was meant to work with. The 582 would over rev, and an over reving two stroke engine will have very high EGT temps. The high EGT temps will melt the pistons. Short answer would have been no. Jim Chuk

What are most people using for a prop on their 582 with B box?

I'm very close to Leaf Aircraft, Lyons WI this week so thought I would pick up a prop for my project. Any suggestions for a model 3 with model 4 wings?

Warp Drive is probably the most popular. Very strong, economical and works very well.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Have you thought about swapping out for a C-Box that would enable more prop options and maybe a clutch ? I'm running 3:1 C with 72" GA Ivo medium and RK-400 clutch. My plane was being vibrated and shaken to pieces until I installed the clutch. Key bump start, low idle, fast warm up, glass smooth clutch engagement and painless shut-down.

I really don't know all that much about the gear boxes,only one I had was on a Cessna 175. This two stroke thing is all new to me. Is there a large price difference?

About a $500 difference between a new B vs. C gearbox. I'm sure a good used or used rebuilt C could be found for much less than new ($1600). Maybe call Airscrew Performance or Rotax Rick. The C would allow you to use a longer two or 3 blade prop than with the B box. The RK-400 is $550.

http://www.air-techinc.com/topic_no_...?ptid=1&pmid=1

I'm curious about your knowledge-experience with other props. Sounds like you've tried an assortment. Also have you used the RK-400 clutch ? I would like to have tried a Prince P-tip on my 582 C 3:1 but opted for an IVO 72" GA so I could easily dial in proper RPM's. The Prince props are fantastic props (600hrs behind them) but you need to know exactly what pitch and length you need. Even then if P-tip you get does not hit targeted RPM range you'll end up sending it back for adjustment. I didn't want to potentially go through a long delay waiting on a prop. It can take months.