Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 ULS starter clocking

Default 912 ULS starter clocking

Guys,
    I'm working on engine/electrical and have been browsing photos of installations. I noticed something in an install which raised a question I haven't found the answer to.

My starter is installed with the cable terminal pointing about 11:00 when viewed from the rear. I noticed another installation with the cable terminal at about 5:00 from the rear, which would be a lot better for access.

Here's the question, is there a specific position required? I haven't found anything saying there is and the starter looks like it could be rotated without creating problems (although I haven't pulled it).

The parts manual shows it installed as mine currently is...

Any help would be welcome.

Default Re: 912 ULS starter clocking

Just in case anyone would like to know, I contacted Lockwood and asked this question.

The starter can be clocked in either position with no ill effects. You will have to loosen the engine ring from the mount to remove the starter.

Default Re: 912 ULS starter clocking

Thanks Tom. I think I missed this thread when originally posted.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear