Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with fuel shutoff identification

Default Need help with fuel shutoff identification

Hi guys,
    When I tried to turn the fuel off on my project mod IV, the selector lever came off in my had. I bought what looked like the replacement from Spruce, but it does not have the lines crimped onto the valve like the old one. Can anyone point me the right way on this? Even John Mcbean told me Spruce.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Need help with fuel shutoff identification

Jay,

This looks like an old one. I preferred to use aluminum tubeing between the header tank and fuel valve and then on to the engine compartment so went in another direction from that valve. Check Aircraft Spruce part number
    05-23330

It has threaded fittings you can adapt to barbs and clamps for rubber hose if you prefer or AN flaired fittings for aluminum tubing If that will be your choice.

I would suspect with that valve, if you wanted to change out the tubing periodically, the valve would have to go as well.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thanks Lowell,
    That's what I was thinking, and doing, changing the valve and hoses. I took another photo that was out of focus. It showed the lines as well. Everything I saw at Spruce was hose barb. I'll look at your suggestion.
    Thanks,
    Jay

Here is a photo of the whole assembly. Due to the rubber lines crimped to the valve, I'm stuck looking for a direct replacement. Anyone seen one in an old catalog?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images

That valve looks like the one that came with my mod III. But go to the kitfox website and look up the list of service bulletins listed. Bulletin #42 deals with that valve.

Dutch

If you can't find the replacement assembly. The fittings should be able to be reused, just cut the crimped fittings off and replace the hoses, some hose clamps, and a new shut off valve.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Jay, I still have the valve in question, new in box. The part # on tag is 46018
    The only difference that I can see is this one has male fittings on both ends.
    I also have the little mounting bracket that is used to mount it under the panel. I will attempt to include some pics.Shoot me an offer & we'll work something out.

DutchIMAG0778.jpg

planepart2.jpg

Wow! That sounds great. At lunch today I took my new valve with barb ends and the old one with lines to a hose and fittings company. They are going to order the hose and try to fab up a replacement for me. If that fails, and I should know in a few days, I'll hit you up. Ok?

My local hose and tube fab shop did me right. They special ordered the proper hose for the fuel I'm going to use and set me up with new fittings. It looks great! Even the wife thought it was a great deal. One more hurdle behind me. Thanks guys!

My father use to own a Rubber Goods Products company, I use to make hose assemblies for the Southern Paciffic RR. I was paid a whopping $1 per hour working for him. They are not difficult to make in the least.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas