Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kf5 flaperon measurement ?

Default Kf5 flaperon measurement ?

Is this measurement to face of horn or to center of bracket?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kf5 flaperon measurement ?

Face of horn to center of hinge.

This is knee bone connected to thigh bone stuff.

Think about where the parts attach in final assembly. The hinges must connect to brackets on the wing. The spacing of the brackets is critical. When you mount the flaperons the hinges must be centered in the slots on the flaperon. This may require that your wing mounted brackets be shifted very small amounts inboard or outboard to keep them even. Especially, if the spacing on your ribs was not absolutely accurate when you built the wings. The innermost hinge is the only one not attached to the flaperon by the factory. It is the only hinge that you can adjust the spacing. Make sure that hinge will align with the bracket on the number one rib.

The control horn connects to the flaperon push rod. The control horn hangs out in space under the turtle deck. It can be off by quite a bit and still clear the fuselage. It is not as critical in the inboard to outboard spacing.

JTP

Default Re: Kf5 flaperon measurement ?

I have all my rib dead center per drawing, was not sure on the 5 1/4", I know it floats inside the deck but was not sure how much angle was built into the tierod fitting allow. Thanks