Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Default Re: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

SaintAero,
    I was down your way about 2 1/2 years ago. Played a couple rounds at the Country Club after a Celebrity Invite at Cimarron Hills in Georgetown. Perhaps I'll get a chance to play there again. Yeah right, fat chance! A group of us Soldiers were the Celebrity Invitees at Cimarron Hills and Mr & Mrs Chapman had won the bid on a golf package at the live auction "Ice-breaker Social" the night prior, which included Pecan Plantation and Sweetwater in Sugarland to name a few places. Their son was an SF Soldier who died in Afghanistan during OEF. They were kind enough to give the Golf Package to us at the end of the tournament. It was a chance of a lifetime that we'll not soon forget.

Anyhow, I digress. Great area to fly in down there. Paul, you should definately take some time to go visit that area. I'm sure your new baby would love to make the journey. Congrats on the KFOM win!!! Well deserved.
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 02-25-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Thumbs up Re: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

I just wanted to say. I went to fly today, gust were a little high for a direct cross wind, so I decided to load the Update on my Advanced Flight 3500. I was extremely easy. Put the SD Card in powered it up and waited. I loaded flawlessly. Put in the updated maps and was ready to go in about 10 minutes. Man I wish my Home Computer were that easy to use! If you are thinking about a glass panel look at the AFS3500, it is really nice! I am not trying to be an advertisment for them but . . . "Man I wish my Home Computer were that easy to use!"
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul,
    a great pair of videos highlighting your aircraft which you may have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0q50KXsdDg&feature=relatded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ee2...eature=related

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Paul, how about these nice photos of your Kitfox courtesy of John and Deb McBean.
    2V2E6478_6771.jpg

DSC_0032-sm.jpg

703-golf.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Steve

I had some of those pictures, but I had a computer glitch and which caused me to loose the photos.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Steve

I had some of those pictures, but I had a computer glitch and which caused me to loose the photos.
    I just hate it when that happens. You are a lucky guy Paul...awesome looking plane!
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Paul, I just emailed the 3 photos to you from John and Deb in full size.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I would say I have been blessed, with a wife that was understanding enough to allow me to purchase the plane. I know my brothers' wives would have said!

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    I just hate it when that happens. You are a lucky guy Paul...awesome looking plane!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Well, I have finally go a chance to get quite a bit of flying in. I flew from Mesquite International, to Terrell, to Mineolla, to Gladewater, and on to Marshall, and then reversed course back to Mesquite. The plane flew flawlessly. I forgot how thick the Pine Trees get as you get to the East Side of Texas. I've got another 10 hours on the plane, which puts me up to 20+ hours since the middle of February.

Currently the only issues, I have a slight leak in the Brake line for the right wheel, where the brake line goes from the bottom of the fuselage into the Grove gear. It leaks very little. I plan on repairing it at the next oil change. The other issue is the Advance Flight System stall warning and AOA do not work. I am going to have to see about recalibrating it.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

It is tear able to hear about Don Saints off field landing. Par 3's can be notorious for hazards, sand traps, small lakes, trees, and mounds. With the help of God and excellent piloting skills he was able to walk away!

I have been feeling under the weather for the last month. On the days I have felt up to flying the weather has been bad, on the days the weather has been good, I was feeling bad. I am at home, taking it easy after surgery. I hate doctors!

Hopefully it will be nice next weekend.

I doubt I will get to make Oshkosh.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas