Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wing rotator?

Default Wing rotator?

I've been watching the Stewart covering system videos (very impressive, BTW) and the wing rotators seem useful if not essential in covering the wings. I searched the web and found wing rotators sold by Aircraft Spruce and others (they all seem to be made by the same company). However, a set is quite expensive ($600) and you have to buy separate, more expensive rotators for the fuselage.

Are the rotators necessary/worth it? Does anyone have a used set they'd like to sell? How about plans for building rotators?

Thanks, Jim

Default Re: Wing rotator?

Hi Jim,
    To answer your question, yes, the wing stands are worth their weight in gold yet you should be fine building a set. If you do a search on this site for wing stand you will find some examples. Here is one I just fround: http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=867&highlight=wing+stand
    Hope that helps.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Wing rotator?

Here is a drawing and a photo of what I made. I have one for each wing and they are very useful.

You may notice that the parts that insert into the spars have "feet" on them. This allows me to take the wing off the stand and set it on the floor without any part of it touching the floor. This was very handy when trucking the wings from my house to my hangar.

There are more photos of these stands at my website.
    Last edited by Tom Waid; 06-09-2010 at 08:29 AM.