Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynon Flightdek D180, Apperro ESG3i,

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dynon Flightdek D180, Apperro ESG3i,

Considering purchase from Dynon.
    I have been researching previous threads and the general consensus is that people really like this unit despite so many other panel advancements like the Skyview Touch And Garmin G3X Touch. Looking for a compromise on the higher cost of an engine monitor and reliable flight instruments. Seems like the D180 might just fit the bill. Just need to hear some consumer confidence regarding this product and company support. Seems like this product is beginning to take a back seat in light of the higher end product line. Also of note is possible parallax error when viewing the D180 at moderate side angles. My goal is to mount just a few inches right of center. Can any one comment on this product from any perspective? Pros and Cons.

Also considering for purchase is an iPad mini using Foreflight, with ADS-B in and out via a panel mount Apperro transponder (ESG3i) for reliable visual navigation and traffic awareness. Concerned this unit will not be reliable enough for panel mount. I am aware of some folks having overheating issues and shortened battery life. Looking for pilot confidence in this product as well.

Will be using Garmin GNC 250XL for back up nav and primary com. In addition, An airspeed, altimeter will mounted for backup flight instruments. Can get a pic up showing layout shortly.
    Last edited by FlyinFish N928M; 09-26-2018 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added title
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332