Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Progress

Default Progress

All,
    Though its not news about buying my Series 7 yet, still good news I wanted to share with y'all. I want to update y'all on things... For those who've been following, thank you for the encouragement! It's been a huge help! I recently got selected to attend the Multi-Engine Fixed Wing Instructor Pilot Course (MEFWIPC). I'm on a waiting list for a May 20 start date, heading to Arizona to teach at the School House for a small segment of Army FW. I'm truly excited, as this move may be our last before retirement and things are lining up ($$) for a Series 7 purchase with a perfect place to build. I'll keep y'all posted. If we stay there, perhaps an opening in the DF Squadron? That is, if I and my plane are found worthy of such an honor! Let's not put the cart before the horse though. Gotta make it through IPC first! Thanks folks...until next time...
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Default Re: Progress

chris , been reading your posts for a long time , nice things are working out well . hope you can work out the kitfox thing , certainly worth it . totally different flying that the bigger , heavier, faster stuff .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Congrats on your IPC selection Chris.
    Always room in the DFS for another enthusiastic Kitfoxer.
    If time allows in your schedule while here , maybe an early morning Kitfox flight would be in order. Keep us posted.
    I'm about to post some photos of our flight of 3 this morning. We could always use a fourth.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

cap01,
    I do get a little bit of C-172 flying, usually a couple hours a month. At $130 per hour, painful to the pocketbook! It's still fun though, basic skills refreshed, always a chance to fly some friends around and get them hooked on flying!

DF4,
    I am excited about the opportunities that are lined up. I'm blessed to have a retired father-in-law who was an A&P, with an passion for flying. They live in SoCal, but a kit needing assembly is great motivation to relocate...ok, 5 grandchildren may be incentive also, but I'd like to think it...well, ok. I'll definitely be in touch when we get to AZ.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!