Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Coolant Recovery Bottle

Default 912 Coolant Recovery Bottle

Hi,

My model IV has the round coolant recovery bottle that was supplied by Skystar as part of the FWF package. The bottle has a tube coming out of the top that connects to the spider tank. But, there is no tube inside the bottle. Seems to me there should be a tube leading to the bottom of the bottle and perhaps a small vent hole on the top. Am I missing something. Either with respect to my bottle or my logic?

One week to DAR.

Thanks!

Default Re: 912 Coolant Recovery Bottle

Hank,
    You have the idea down pat. There should be a tube that reaches the bottom of the bottle and a hole in the cap. I just checked mine and the tubing is quarter inch and looks to be polyethylene. There is a collar that the tubing is pressed into. I checked with a bit of left over pitot/static tubing and the fit is perfect. Of course the cut on the bottom end of the down tube is angled to prevent a suction seal if a bit long.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

You need the tube because as your cooling system cools down after a flight it will pull vacuum and hopefully suck up coolant. Without the tube it will create a vapor pocket in your system which you don't want.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I have one of these (.5 quart) in my flying plane. I really didn't like the "squirt" bottle idea. It kept falling apart, too...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos