Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Missing template for flaperon horn bearing kf5

Default Missing template for flaperon horn bearing kf5

I am missing template for kf5 nylon flaperon horn bearing. Does anyone have it or a location to find it? P/n 24004.000 bearing material
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Missing template for flaperon horn bearing kf5

I built a Series 5 and that nylon bearing for the flaperon was deemed not necessary some time ago. I did not use it on mine and after 10 years and 600 hours no ill effects. Bruce Lina N199CL

Great! I have tried to read as much as i can on the vixen. Is there any other things I should look for? I am going to put the kf7 firewall forward with the rotax 912, possible fuel injection. I bought the alum header tank, slosh my tanks,added electric rudder trim, and put bigger elevator . I have finished my wings and tail section. What did you do for elevator trim(speed) and indicator?

For elevator trim speed (which in its standard configuration can be too fast and touchy) I added a resistor and a fast slow switch to control the speed depending on aircraft speed or configuration. this is one way to do it, although I believe John Mcbean offers a more sophisticated version that will is speed controlled and automatic. (Check the Kitfox parts catalog) . My indicator is the stock version supplied with the kit and has worked fine for me . Bruce Lina N199CL

Interesting I didn't know this ... I built mine with the nylon piece, it would be
    simple to make lacking the template just by the good old fashion: Eyeball, trim, try, repeat method.

In any case templates are not always perfect, since all the planes are built with
    some variance anyway. You would need to trim and fit anyway.

Regards,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    I built a Series 5 and that nylon bearing for the flaperon was deemed not necessary some time ago. I did not use it on mine and after 10 years and 600 hours no ill effects. Bruce Lina N199CL