Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wire Bundles

Default Wire Bundles

I am getting ready to start running some wiring and have a basic question. It seems like I have heard somewhere that it is not good to run high power wires (lights, ballscrews, transmitters, etc.) in the same bundle as signal wires (remote compass, instruments, position sensors, fuel senders, etc.) and antenae wires. Is this true? I would like to set up a single wiring chase from front to back of the aircraft and bundle all wires into it, but not if its going to cause interferences. Do I need two chases- high power and low power? Antenae wires totally separate?

Jim

Default Re: Wire Bundles

I ran a single bundle from the panel down the tunnel under the seat to where things needed to go. I would try and keep the high-voltage strobe lines separate (after the strobe power pack) but I have had no problems running any other 12V feed lines in parallel with antenna and headset lines. Using good grounding practice also will ensure you have noise free connections.
    Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com

Default Re: Wire Bundles

I agree with AK, its the pulsing voltage that induces static or strange operations in electronics. I had read a good article on the Fluke Mfg website about electronics added after-market on cars, and the issues associated with routing wires near sensitive car electronics. Grounding and shielding is key.
    Thomas
    A&P and future Kitfox builder