Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vacuum Instruments

Default Vacuum Instruments

I have seen many Kitfox pictures and videos over the past few years, but I believe never until today saw a Kitfox with a venturi. Or may be I saw one, and did not pay attention...

(Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPgwBST4DI)

How many of you guys have gone “old school” with vacuum operated instruments?

Roberto.

Default Re: Vacuum Instruments

I've got one on my model III but it'll be removed soon. Doesn't seem to be enough airspeed to drive either my AI or DG. That or my placement was bad.

I'm plannimg to use the PocketHorizon app on my iPhone for exiting any inadvertant cloud entries.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Check out my photo album I have one running an AH on my model 1 and it works great.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by FoxDB View Post
    ... I have one running an AH on my model 1 and it works great.
    Looks nice - I guess the only drawback is that now you cannot fly without this mandatory accessory: http://www.uswings.com/silkscarf.asp

Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r_Sed View Post
    I've got one on my model III but it'll be removed soon. Doesn't seem to be enough airspeed to drive either my AI or DG. That or my placement was bad.

I'm plannimg to use the PocketHorizon app on my iPhone for exiting any inadvertant cloud entries.
    Paul- the description for that app says it must be slaved to a waas gps for it to work. Do you have the app already and dies it work without this connection?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I've got it hooked up to a Bad Elf GPS dongle which is WAAS. I mounted it with an extension cable to the overhead tubes. I also have ship's power wired in so I don't have to worry about the iPhone battery dying on me.

PocketHorizon isn't perfect at all times but will reliably get me through a turn and back to wings level.

The developer is responsive to requests. Several of us have requested additional features such as GPS heading with bug, altitude and groundspeed. I hope these are rolled in soon.

I'm also running Foreflight and CloudAhoy at the same time. They all coexist peacefully and share the GPS signal. The iPhone is quickly becoming my Bohemian glass panel.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med