Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Free iOS App: CloudAhoy

Default Free iOS App: CloudAhoy

I just tried out CloudAhoy on my iPhone and love how it tracks my flights. This was featured in the latest "Flying Magazine".

To start, you need to register for an account on their web site and download the app from the iOS app store. After you've set up your account, you start up the iPhone app and enter your login information.

Before you fly you enter your tail#, Pilot Name, crew/instructor name if any and remarks. Prior to take off you hit the start button and then the stop button after you land. When you hit stop, flight data is transmitted to the web site for private viewing and analysis. I had to update my Google Earth browser Plug-In and then all website features worked flawlessly. You have the option to share the flight information if you'd like, as I've done here. This would be a great application for any instrument student out there to analyze their performance post flight.

I'm using it simultaneously with ForeFlight plugged into a BadElf GPS plus streaming music to my headset. Everything works perfectly together. I've RAM mounted the phone on my panel and it's plugged into ship's power so I don't run the battery down inadvertently.

Here's a link to this morning's flight from the EAA790 Pancake Fly-in at 3CK to my home base at 10C:
    http://www.cloudahoy.com/cgi-bin/flt...cCwkxxumlEC9xB

You can see my low (speed anyway) pass as I was departing the event. My favorite view on the web site is the cockpit view animation. I hope others will enjoy this app.

-- Paul S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Default Re: Free iOS App: CloudAhoy

Thank you for this post. I will definitely use it when I start flying. This could be a useful tool when flying off your hours. Awesome!
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Av8r_Sed,
    I saw this in Flying Mag too and downloaded it yesterday. I haven't tried it yet but your report and example show it will be a great app to have. Thanks for the info and report. Did you stop and start it while having breakfast or just let it run 'till you were back to your home airport and all done flying?
    Last edited by SkySteve; 06-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I started and stopped it for each leg. I was setting it up before engine start and leaving the app up until I was ready to depart. Then I just hit the start button and switched to ForeFlight before taking the active.

-- Paul S
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

ok trying to find this app. I go to app store. type in "cloudahoy" and get nothing but cloudjoy. Not the same. I went to the website and made an account, just need to find the app. Any idea why its not working?

Wannafly,
    Here is the info from the iTunes app store.

Check out this application on the App Store:

CloudAhoy
    CloudAhoy, Inc.
    Category: Productivity
    Updated: May 23, 2012
    20 Ratings

iTunes for Mac and Windows
    Please note that you have not been added to any email lists.
    Copyright © 2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Maybe it isn't available in the Canadian App Store? Try e-mailing support@cloudahoy.com to see what's up.

Added note: The website works on my iPad, but only with 2D functionality. Still, it's pretty darned good.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Can't find it here in the Netherlands, eather. Just CloudJoy. Interesting name, though!

I received an answer from Chuck Shavit at CloudAhoy regarding international availability:

"The CloudAhoy app is currently only available in the*US*app store. The debriefing relies heavily on access to aviation and*weather*information which is country-specific, and currently CloudAhoy receives such data only from the*FAA, i.e., only in the*US.

I have general plans to support CloudAhoy in Europe and Canada, but do not have dates yet.
    "
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med