Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm may have to sell my plane - need advice

Default Re: I'm may have to sell my plane - need advice

I totally agree with Esser's thinking on this. Paying someone to help you finish it up is financially better than selling and buying an SLSA. You will have your own work to fly and be proud of, as well as being your own repairman and inspector. I hired out my painting and am glad I did. Good luck with this; we are all pulling for you.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I had Plantar Fasciitis many years ago. Orthotics cured it nicely. Good luck.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

I concur with Pete, I wouldn't say cured, bit I would say make it bearable. I just can't stand for long.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Concur with the opinion that you keep it. Been through similar scenarios and have sold a plane only to later regret it. Once it is gone the chance of getting 'back into the game' are greatly reduced. Even the spousal unit didn't want me to sell this particular plane, I did anyway, sure wish I had that plane back.

If it has to languish for a year or more in your storage, so be it, it is still yours and will be waiting for you when you are able to finish it. You know what you have and how you want it to be when finished, that in itself is a big deal for me.

Good Luck and I hope things get better.

Tim,
    I also had PF for an extended period of time. I was an avid runner, I am a Firefighter and I own an electrical contracting business. My problems started while standing for up to 16 hrs. a day doing electrical work. When getting up in the middle of the night to respond to calls the pain was excruciating. First in the left foot which took a 1 1/2 years to get over then after about three months of freedom I got it in the right foot for another 1 1/2 years. I tried almost everything which nothing worked. I even had to completely quit running. The thing that seemed to fix it all was getting off my feet as much as possible and not standing for such long periods. I also bought a pair of those supper tight socks that are sold to treat PF. I agree with the others about the not working so much especially on your feet. After changing my work habits I started feeling better within a couple months. I was even able to go back to running. Whenever you feel the tightness coming back stop what your doing and relax. I would also agree with the advise of everyone else and not sell your plane. If you have to get help, work on it an hour at a time or just take a break for awhile, keep it!! I have met many people with the same condition and all of them eventually recovered. Hang in there and keep us updated on your progress.

I'm also an electrical contractor. I own it so it's an all day event in and out of my truck. The new therapy that I started two weeks ago is working good.

I flew the Ercoupe this morning and had a blast, letting my feet rest.

Work for an hour, sit down drink a beer, work for a second hour, sit down and drink a second beer, work for a third hour, sit down have another beer. Then get up and go to the rest room you'll need the relief. Then go out to the shop look at what 3 hours of work got done. However, don't do anymore work, your feet hurt, and you've drank enough to be relaxed. Don't let it get you down.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Now that' good advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I concur with Pete, I wouldn't say cured, bit I would say make it bearable. I just can't stand for long.

Sorry to hear that Paul. In my case my problem was cured and never returned. I used the orthotics for a year or two and not since.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove