Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Arizona Kitfox flyers

Default Arizona Kitfox flyers

I am new to this forum as well as a new kitfox owner. I recently took owner ship of my grandfathers kitfox 5. I have been flying with AZpilots.org flying group but am hoping to find other AZ based kitfox pilots. Arizona has very few exciting back country airstrips as most are just flat land desert areas, however i would like to branch out to other less traveled strips. Please let me know if any of you have flown in the Southwestern US or AZ. Thanks

Default Re: Arizona Kitfox flyers

There is a Pack of Kitfox pilots in Arizona. You'll have fun!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks Paul. I have talked to a few in my home town but have lost touch. How is Texas for back country airstrips? I know its a large landscape. I have never flown that far east, I tend to fly north when I do go for long flights.

Texas is 98% privately owned land, so very few Back Country strips, most of Texas is relatively flat. There are probably 15 grass, gravel, and dirt runways here in north Texas near Dallas. There are a few lake bottoms we can land at at some of the 50% capacity lakes. There is a nice airport in Llano, Texas that has a grass strip they are having the 2nd STOL flying in April 2015 I plan on attending. Next May I'm flying to Northern California to take Light Sport Repairman training, so I'll get to see some pretty country going west. West Texas has some nice flying near Big Bend, mountains, and Back Country Flying but that is quite a trec about 500 to 600 miles. Just checked 533 miles one way.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas