Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: My flying at Stick and Rudder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My flying at Stick and Rudder

I’ve just finished day 3 of 4 days at Stick and Rudder at Greenleaf Air Ranch in Idaho. I’ve been flying with Paul Leaderbrand in order to get some experience in a SS7 before I start the test flying of my build, which I hope will be some time later this year. The concentrated flying with someone who I think is a Jedi in Kitfox flight training and in back country flying has been worth every second and dollar spent so far. He knows the aircraft like the back of his hand and has given me fantastic insight into the handling characteristics of what is really, quite a high performing airplane for this class of airplane. I came to Paul with around 30 hours of tailwheel experience, but he’s given me more insight into the “why’s” of tailwheel flying than I was aware of. We spent couple days in the back country of Idaho flying into some great places, some with interesting and challenging circuit procedures. Places like Sulphur Creek, Johnston’s Creek and Big Creek were really fun to fly in to. I’ve been really impressed with the capabilities of the airplane and even after 3 days, I’m feeling way better equipped to throttle up on day one of my own project, even though I’ve had the odd “brain fade” on couple of landings. Bottom line for me, as a SS7 builder, this training is the best insurance I can have for my project. Totally recommend S&R for KF specific training to anyone either without a t/w endorsement of even limited t/w time on other types.
    David
    SS7 Builder