Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bronze tinted lexan

Default Re: Bronze tinted lexan

thanks Brett,..me too on the difference, I think with the tint and the KitFox A/C unit,, it should be better

and Maddie is always ready to go flying~!! wish some of that would rub off on her mom
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

got the window vents put in today..with the temps beginning to climb I'm sure they are going to be used
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Very nice work there young man.

You're cordially invited to my next window replacement & vent install job.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

To Chase and others on this thread: Where is the best position for the window vents for pilot and passenger comfort? And any options besides the vista vents or snap vents? Thanks, all answers/opinions appreciated.
    OneNinerWhiskey

thanks Steve
    oneninerwhiskey,..where I put mine is easy to get to and turning the vent you can direct it to your face or lower..or turn it flat and it will take air out of the cabin..next I am putting an AC unit in..Im determined to beat the heat so I can fly in the 95 plus degree weather and not sweat my back side off
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Im really happy with the bronze tint..it takes the glare away while searching for other traffic .,,easier on the eyes when the sun is closer to the horizon .
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

haven't been on much lately,...been trying to get ahead of Murphy,,he has been having a hay day around here lately,..and hopefully he has grown bored and will move on, in the last month service on the BRAND NEW HVAC system ..4 times ..it is finally right..appraiser told me I had a problem..we have the largest house in 3 counties and he cant do an accurate appraisal,..my reply to him ..look in other counties! sheesh
    Friday afternoon a friend asks if I can take his kids (35 and 37 years old) for a flight..I tell him I wil get back to him with in the hour and confirm..I check weather,,Notams,,etc..all is good so I call him back ..ok lets beat the heat see you at 7:00 am..
    I go to the hangar at 6:00 am ..go to open the door,,the pulley that runs the gear box (electric motor to gear box) splits in half ..I cant open the door,,45 minutes later its fixed..I open the door ..pull the Fox out and start my preflight routine,.all is good and my buddies "kids" show up I show them both the operation of the controls..door latches..etc..we load up the first pax..she is strapped in ..headset adjusted ..all is good,,I fire up the Fox..run her up to temp,..we back taxi for 16 depart, 2 weeks prior our runway was closed for repair..a section of concrete was replaced,,we taxi past this area then the tail of the Fox starts flopping around..I get off of the active ..shut her down..flat TAIL WHEEL~!!! I picked up a piece of steel in my tail wheel which puts the brakes on giving the "kids" a ride..
    then that sunday night,,I have this aweful feeling something else is seriously wrong..but can't put my finger on what it is,,,drives me nuts all night..Monday morning I get a call..my sister tells me my mom has had 2 heart attacks and she is at Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital in Lebanon NH,..I have a flat tire on the plane..I cant fly to NH..so we load up the truck..and drive the 22 hrs to NH I ordered a new tail wheel on the way..
    long story short..her heart was at 40% they did a transfusion brought her heart to 65% function..wheeeew~!!! I get back from NH ..no tail wheel tire waiting for me,..well it finally arrives today..we put it on and took an hour flight to make sure it rolled well at 5000AGL it works fine..and Im still loving the bronze tint~!!! its awesome to almost look right at the sun and not have my vision distorted
    so Murphy ..move on ~!!! go mess with someone else for awhile~!!
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Chase, sounds like Murphy tried to take up permanent residence at your house.

Prayers for Mom's improving health.

Welcome back.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Steve..we knew she was in better spirits/health when she started flirting with the male nurses and was correcting them with their procedures..she is a retired nurse 80 yrs old
    she did ask for a young hot blonde transfusion lol last I heard her and my sister were out shopping for bikini's .....ha~!
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL