Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Sonex Aircraft: Two lost in crash of Sonex Sport Acro.

Default Sonex Aircraft: Two lost in crash of Sonex Sport Acro.

Sad news out of Oshkosh today.

We mourn the loss of Jeremy Monnett and Mike Clark of the Sonex Aircraft family. Prayers and condolences to the entire Sonex team and all the Sonex customers and friends. Blue skies Jeremy and Mike.

From Sonex Aircraft Facebook page:
    "It is with heavy hearts that we report the loss of two members of our Sonex family. Sonex Aircraft CEO Jeremy Monnett and Sonex assembly mechanic Mike Clark died yesterday in an accident involving Sonex Sport Acro N123SX at the East end of Wittman Regional Airport’s runway 9, which occurred on Tuesday, June 2nd at approximately 3:30pm. The cause of the accident remains unknown pending investigation by the FAA, NTSB and Sonex Aircraft.
    Sonex Aircraft founder John Monnett made a statement to staff this morning that Sonex Aircraft, LLC will continue to operate despite the holes left by Jeremy and Mike’s absence. It would unquestionably be Jeremy Monnett’s wish that the Sonex company and the worldwide community of Sonex and AeroConversions customers carry-on.

The Monnett family and leadership of Sonex Aircraft, LLC sincerely thank the dedicated Sonex staff, community of customers, the aviation community at-large, and the Oshkosh community for all of the support and condolences offered over the past 24 hours."

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Sonex Aircraft: Two lost in crash of Sonex Sport Acro.

Wow, so sad. I met Jeremy at their factory open house a couple of years ago at Oshkosh. He was a true gentleman.

Thanks for sharing, DesertFox
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Default Re: Sonex Aircraft: Two lost in crash of Sonex Sport Acro.

I agree with Paul, they are great people with whom I have gotten to know over the years. I am proud to be part of this caring group of aviation enthusiasts.

Dan
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying