Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: leg room III verses IV

Default leg room III verses IV

As the Kit Foxes evolved when did they become more user friendly for 6 ft 3 pilots? I know I can't fit in a one.

Default Re: leg room III verses IV

Hi,
    I am 6'2 270 and fit ok in my IV. Yes it is a tight fit but my head isn't hitting the top and I have flown in some pretty turbulent Wx. The only problem that I have had so far (about 30 hours sense I bought her) is my leg cramping! I drink a lot more water now! Once you figure out how to get in and out of it, its not bad at all! For the price of these aircraft (used) you can't go wrong!
    Dave

the 4 I am looking at has no transponder. Owner/builder says the Rotax generator is not strong enough to support it on top of the radio, lights, whatever. any thoughts?

any experience with dynan avionics to replace everything? low weight and low energy consumption and will be compatible with Nex gen. Even though not IFR, still will need to be compatible to fly in any controlled airspace (which will be everywhere)

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Which rotax engine model?

The 912 uls on just its internal generator will run a pretty full avionics package and led lights , has some voltage drop at idle and just above , at cruise no problem running all .
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

I've found that the lights are usually the big draw on our systems and there are often ways to convert them to LED by relamping or in some cases replacement.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I have a model 5 912UL with radio (MGL V6) nav and strobes in LED and a GPS (IFLY) ..I have no problems with charging
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I'm 6' 215 lbs and I have to wear leg braces that don't allow me to bend my knees past 90 degrees ,..I have no problem getting in and out of my 5..either side,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL