Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel Hose sizing

Default Fuel Hose sizing

My plane currently has a mix of hose type and sizes. From the right wing shutoff valve to the header tank, it's 1/4 inch aluminum. From the left wing shutoff, it's 5/16 rubber. From the header to the front, it's 1/4 inch aluminum transitioning to 1/4 inch rubber just before main the valve.

My original plan was to leave all the aluminum in and replace just the rubber but I was not able to remove the old AN fittings without twisting the line so I'm thinking of just going all rubber up to the firewall (the line through the firewall to the gascolator is OK).

My first thought is to go all 5/16 including a new shutoff. Is there any point if hard line to the gascolator is 1/4 inch? Should I just go 1/4 inch rubber from the header to the main shutoff?

Default Re: Fuel Hose sizing

IMO, I don't like rubber lines in the cabin other than the flex needed to fold the wings.

I just got all the fittings and lines to do my project plane in 5/16" aluminum line. It cost me about $75, including line, fittings and 3 ball valves.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos