Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member Intro - IceFox

Default Re: New Member Intro - IceFox

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Helgi,

Welcome to the group.....Nice looking aircraft. You have a lot of scenic and interesting places to operate your Kitfox over in Iceland. A looooong time ago I rode a an old DC6 from Duluth MN to Helsinki and the second fuel stop was Keflavic International (first was Frobisher Bay Canada) .....everybody back here in MN seems to know about your Capitol Reykjavik; but, Keflavik seems to hold a lower profile down in the southern peninsula. A DC6 doesn't exactly operate up in the flight levels so the view was great...The captain even let the passengers visit the flight deck one at a time.....so you know it was a long time ago

Enjoy your kitfox.....just about the perfect aircraft for enjoying the beautiful scenery you have available.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Paul, MN

DC 6, it is long time I saw one flying in here. I'm working at the KEF airport (BIKF). But our ultralight airport is only 8 kilometers (about 5 miles) from the international airport. Our airstrip has the name Sletta http://skyvector.com/?ll=63.985,-22....art=301&zoom=3

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot4Life View Post
    IceFox (aka: Helgi),
    Welcome to the forum...Great Looking KF! And a hangar to boot! Super. I spent a few days in Kef and Rek in October of '13. Flying an King Air 200 through and had to wait for winds to die down. Didn't want to get stuck in Sonderstrom, Greenland. Great food and great people! Drove down to some beautiful waterfalls (and many other gorgeous sites) on the way to Vik, helped rescue a 17 yr old kid who fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his car OVER a river. Hope to get another chance to visit. We stayed at the Grand, but would love to have some recommendations for a Honeymoon Vacation, 20 years overdue! Planning to bring the wife of course! Again...welcome to the Forum!
    For your overdue honeymoon I would recommend Hotel Rangá (one of the Icelandair Hotels). it is nice countryside hotel with great view up to the mountains and to Eyjafjallajökull. (The one that closed all air traffic in Europe in 2010)

Thank you guys for warm welcomes. I´m looking forward to share some of my KF pictures with you

Default Re: New member Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Icefox View Post
    I'm working on my dancing. Already taken one "spin"
    Isn't it fun, the Kitfox 2 Step! With a little Do Si Do (a square dancing term). I can see your face now. On take off , on Downwind , on base , on final , on landing once you realize it wasn't a good landing . Have fun, fly safe, and keep practicing the two step.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas