Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: rotax 912 stator rewinding

Default rotax 912 stator rewinding

Has anyone ever attempted to have their stator rewound? One of the poles that the red wire for the ignition circuit is damaged. Looks like several of the wraps got caught by something and were pulled. Talked to kevin kane at CPS said that its pretty simple to do but he has been unable to find anyone willing to do it because it is airplane related. Was wondering if anyone has or has heard of anyone finding someone to rewind stators.

Default Re: rotax 912 stator rewinding

Tell them it is off of you CanAm motorcycle.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I use a place in the Chicago area, but the name escapes me at the moment. Call me at work tomorrow, and I'll give you the info.
    317-247-7373 ask for Jay.

Jay, can you post it up once you retrieve the info. It would be a good resource for forum members.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Jay if you could just shoot me an email with the info. Where I work we dont get to have our cell phones and we cant call long distance. By time I get home it would be after office hours. Would appreciate the info though. Send email to dalords@cableone.net

Here's the info fellas:
    Warfield Electric
    815-469-4094

They are in the Chicago area. I've had real good luck with their services to date. They were even able to match up some brushes I used to buy from California saving me shipping time and money. Chances are they will want you to send them the armature so they can take a look at what you need done.

Not exactly the same, but I rewound the stator on my Jabiru engine, and it worked fine afterwards. I counted how many wraps came off and made sure to wrap the same number back on. Each set of coils were wrapped in the opposite direction of the one next to it. I also used the next heavier gauge wire than original as a cooked stator was not real uncommon on the Jabirus, and a heavier wire generates less heat. At least that was what I was told, and it worked for me. Just spent 15 minutes looking for the pics I took, and didn't find them..... Jim Chuk